What Does The Chamber Do?
- Supports economic programs designed to strengthen and expand the income potential of all the varied businesses within the trade area.
- Achieves objectives of enhancing year round economy through the planning, promotion and management of tourism while respecting the unique community and environment of Ridgway – in concert with the Town of Ridgway’s Comprehensive Plan.
- Maintains the Visitors Information Center. With 18 volunteers operates a Visitors Center daily from May thru October at southwest Colorado’s primary intersection: Highways 550 South and 62.
- Publishes annually the Ridgway Visitors Guide with 64 colorful, informative pages providing information on the town and surrounding areas.
- Responds to potential visitors’ and locals’ phone and e-mail inquiries regarding, lodging, restaurant, recreation / events, new business start up, and relocation – mailing out response packets as required and tracking visitor statistics.
- Provides for an 800 number, ( 800 220-4959 ) with message machine, so that inquiries may be conveniently received 24 hours a day year round.
- Provides ribbon cutting ceremonies for new businesses and referrals and business information, maps, guides and more to local residents, newcomers, prospective new business, and visitors.
- Promotes Ridgway as an attractive community by way of implementing an annual marketing plan funded in part by Lodging Tax revenue. (Available for Member review on request.)
- Maintains a continually updated community web site presence: ridgwaycolorado.com – linked to numerous other Colorado and National Tourism related sites.
- Functions as the clearinghouse for maintaining a continually updated community Calendar of Events.
- Supports programs of a civic, social and cultural nature which are designed to increase the functional and aesthetic values of the community such as: Monthly Business After Hours Socials, Home Tours, and Annual Golf Tournament at the Divide Ranch, & more…
- Hosts the Ridgway Railroad Museum – a cornerstone attraction for Ridgway’s narrow gauge railroad heritage.
- Serves as a source of information to, and collective voice for, businesses in Ridgway area regarding governmental and other matters of interest to the business community.
- Ridgway Chamber’s weekly EBlast communication reaches Chamber members at-large, residents and visitors and may be utilized to efficiently broadcast members specials, events, and new information.
- Provides a cooperative parking lot for the Montrose, Ouray and San Miguel Counties’ commuter traffic. Serves as a liaison with Town and County government and regional non-profits.
- Assists in coordination of group activities such as weddings, reunions and group tours upon request.
- Provides assistance with community and members’ event planning and promotion upon request.
- Provides orientations and media packets to travel writers, and travel agents.
- In the absence of a local “Better Business Bureau”, handles consumer complaints and compliments.
2015 Ridgway Visitors Guide
All Things Fun in the San Juans and Business Listing