Planning your Ridgway vacation is easy whether you’re driving or flying. Montrose Regional Airport, the closest local airport, also happens to be the largest in southwestern Colorado. The airports in Grand Junction, Telluride, Durango, and Gunnison are also easily accessible. Out-of-state guests often fly into Denver International Airport and then drive or take a shuttle to Ridgway, taking advantage of other Colorado attractions on the way here; the ever-changing scenery alone makes the drive well worth it.
In the wintertime, be sure to check local road reports and be prepared for inclement weather. Visit the Colorado Department of Transportation travel website for the most up-to-date travel reports at www.cotrip.org or call 511 or 877-315-7623.
- Montrose Regional Airport (MTJ): 249.3203; www.montroseairport.com
- Telluride Regional Airport (TEX): 728.8600; www.tellurideairport.com
- Durango La Plata County Airport (DRO): 382.6050; www.flydurango.com
- Grand Junction Regional Airport (GJT): 244.9100; www.gjairport.com
- Gunnison-Crested Butte Regional Airport (GUC): 641.2304; www.gunnisoncounty.org/Airport
- Automobile rental agencies and local shuttle services have offices at all of the regional airports. Check airport websites for information.
- Shuttle services offering local and regional transportation include Western Slope Rides (www.gowsr.com), which also offers concierge services, connecting travelers with local guides and other amenities such as ski rentals and grocery shopping.
- All Points Transit offers transportation options from Montrose at www.allpointstransit.com.
- Bustang (www.ridebustang.com), operated by the Colorado Department of Transportation, serves the Ridgway area with bus service through the Bustang Outrider Routes.
Ridgway’s Travel Services
Our reputation as a premier outdoor recreation destination means we have key amenities for adventurers. Businesses and community resources to keep you going include:
- Gas stations
- Vehicle repair
- Bike repair and parts
- Public restrooms
- Picnic areas
- Scenic tours
- Recreation guiding
- Water sports rentals
- Churches that welcome visitors